After many years without having a proper biking trip, this summer I tried to get back the feeling of long journeys. And I have to say I managed to do it pretty well.
With a total amount of 2224 km spanned in ten days, the trip day by day was as follows:
- 18.7. Oulu – Virrat – Tampere
- 19.7. Stay in Tampere for the Iron Maiden’s gig
- 20.7. Tampere – Hämeenlinna – Helsinki
- 21.7. Trip to Suomenlinna (not by bike)
- 22.7. Helsinki-Porvoo-Helsinki
- 23.7. Helsinki-(ferry)-Tallin-Haapsalu (Estonia)
- 24.7. Haapsalu-(ferry)-Kärdla-Kiudja-Kõpu-Ristna
- 25.7. Kiudja-Sõru-(ferry)-Triigi-Kurressaare-Mändjala
- 26.7. Mändjala-Kuivastu-(ferry)-Virtsu-Tallin-(ferry)-Helsinki
- 27.7. Helsinki-Valkeakoski-Oulu (almost 700 km in one day!)
So basically the journey was half in Finland and half in Estonia, including five ferries to get also to the island of Hiiumaa and Saaremaa. If you count on top of this that 800 km have been done in two people with tent and mattresses on the back, it was really a good seikkailu!
I have to say really enjoyed Estonia, still quite cheap (but I wonder for how long), wonderful sand beaches and nice people.
And, by the way, on the way back to Oulu, the Pegaso overtook 97000 km, just 3000 to the sixth figure!
Here below the detailed map of the journey, it might take a while to load: be patient, I said it was a long trip!